The Attorney To Call When Stakes Are High
When life or liberty are on the line, northeast Ohioans want Fernando Mack.
If You Are An Injury Victim, Find Out What Can Be Done
Hazards and threats surround our everyday lives. Many drivers are distracted or intoxicated. Doctors make life-threatening mistakes. Trucking companies intentionally ignore laws, in favor of profits. Whether intentional or not, people around us create unnecessary dangers.
If there was an injury or death in your family that was caused by someone else’s negligence, you need an effective personal injury attorney on your side. Attorney Fernando Mack is a strong negotiator and litigator who has decades of experience with personal injury cases, including:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Pedestrian accidents
- Product liability
- Slip and fall accidents
- Wrongful death
Call attorney Mack’s office in Cleveland today for a free initial consultation.
Factors That Make Personal Injury Claims Challenging
There are many reasons to hire an experienced personal injury attorney.
- Ohio’s 51 Percent Modified Comparative Fault Law: Anyone hurt in a car accident who is 51 percent or more at fault cannot receive compensation for their losses. Compensation can also be reduced depending on your degree of fault (up to 51 percent). Insurance companies often use this rule to try to limit compensation.
- Trucking companies: The big trucking companies and their insurance companies have a small army of people who try to fight personal injury claims.
- Statute of limitations: Suits can only be filed until one year from the date of the treatment.
- Cap: Claims are capped at $350,000 per plaintiff, and $500,000 total per incident.
- Affidavit of merit: Lawsuits must be accompanied by this documentation. It verifies that a health care professional reviewed records, is familiar with the medical standard of care, the standard was not met and the negligence caused the injuries.
- Risks: Pedestrians are at a greater risk of serious injury or death from a traffic accident.
To combat these obstacles, you need a lawyer who will seek the best possible compensation.